Friday, April 8, 2011

Too Much Inventory

Well, I was mistaken yesterday. The little shop downtown that sells some of my paintings has not closed its doors yet. It was open today. The lease will end at the end of the month so I took the opportunity today to pick up the paintings that I had at that location. I will make trips to the other two shop locations soon and retrieve my art from those shops as well. It has been a very good business relationship for the past three years. In this difficult economy I have seen a lot of shops open only to close a year or two later. I wish the shop owners luck in their new ventures. They are a very nice couple and have been very nice to me and given me the opportunity to show and sell my art. Many thanks and much appreciation go out to them.
Now that I have retrieved some of the paintings, I am realizing that I have an awful lot of inventory! The walls of the condo were already looking like an art gallery. Maybe I could treat this place like a museum and charge admission? Seriously, I need to make a plan to store the paintings properly and place some of them in another location or two. It will happen. I will also start to increase my online sales. For the time being I'll deal with having art everywhere I look. That's not a bad problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment