Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No Instant Results

Well, my attempt at a little more exposure on etsy.com did not result in any paintings being sold. Nothing, nada, nil, zero, zip! Though there were no sales as a result, there was an increase in hits on my online store. So, though the results were not instant, I am hopeful that the exposure of a showcase of my art was worth the effort and the money. Only time will tell.
In the local shops that sell my paintings people come and look. Sometimes they inquire about the art. Sometimes they make several trips back to look at a particular painting that they like. Then they buy. It is seldom an instant thing. It is more like a process.
No instant results, but not discouraged at all. You have to keep working at the marketing. Things will sell. The right person will come along and see what you are doing and purchase it. It just doesn't happen overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment