Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Little Clouds

While working on the sky and clouds that are part of the background of my current painting, I noticed that they took on a life of their own. They seemed to have movement and be playful. It is not a starry night type energy like Van Gogh's sky, but rather a playful, happy little sky. The cloud shapes reminded me of Bob Ross and his Joy of Painting series where he talks about "happy little clouds." I am not quite sure my clouds are happy little clouds, but I sure had fun painting them and I am happy with the results so far. While taking my painting in a more graphic direction, it may be evolving into something else. I am enjoying the departure from the usual impressionistic way that I paint. I am not sure if the clouds are happy, but I certainly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment