Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Painting With A Hole In It

When I picked up a painting recently from a shop that displays my work I noticed a tear in the canvas. I am not assigning blame to the shop. I'm not sure exactly how the tear occurred. It could have been a result of moving the canvases to a different location. It could have happened when I gathered them up to take them from the shop. How it happened really doesn't matter. Repairing it will be my next project. The painting may never sell in that it was damaged, but I like the painting and would not mind keeping it in my personal collection. Some research will need to be done on my part as to how to best repair it. I think I can patch it on the back and then change the painting to a more impasto painting with thicker application of paint in the damaged area. Not sure how to fix it but I know it can be done. Some research on the internet is called for, I think. Perhaps I can have a damaged painting sale and reduce the price and sell it after it is repaired? Not really angry or upset that the painting is damaged. It gives me an opportunity to learn how to make the repairs. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment