Monday, April 4, 2011

Promote Your Art

Artists are usually only interested in doing their art. The business end of promoting their art and getting it sold is something they seldom enjoy. Unfortunately the art doesn't sell itself.
Today I bought a small promotional slot on etsy.com under the art/painting section. It was inexpensive and a way to get some exposure. It could ultimately lead to a few sales. The items I have placed on the website are small, relatively inexpensive pieces that I have done as studies for larger works. I have sold some larger, more expensive pieces of art on another website, but usually I sell those larger items in a local shop which showcases my work. This is only one way to promote your art.
The painting I listed today is one of 24 paintings in my online store on etsy.com. The promotional showcase spot will link buyers and interested lookers to the page where the item is listed for sale and also to my shop. If no sales, then at least I would have had some lookers. The potential buyer could mark my painting or shop as a favorite and come back later and purchase something.
Try a different promotional idea from time to time. Don't just paint - show your art, get as many viewers as possible and see the sales come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment