Sunday, April 3, 2011

Inspiration and Ideas Are Everywhere

I recently took a two day break from painting. I've discovered that even though I am busy doing things with family and friends and celebrating birthdays, etc., I still think about art. Even though I may not have been physically painting, the creative juices were still flowing.
I received photos and ideas of things to paint from friends who recently saw some of my lavender fields that were painted within the past year. When I am in a bookstore I find myself looking at art magazines and buying a few which have articles that help me in areas where I still struggle or that feature artists whose works are particularly appealing to me. If I go into a store and see art on the wall, I find myself studying the technique and seeing what I might learn from what that particular artist has done. I find inspiration from everywhere.
I may not paint every day, but I paint most days. I paint not because I "have to" paint, but because I "want to" paint. The more you paint, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better artist you become.

No comments:

Post a Comment