Friday, April 22, 2011

Time to Think

I woke up early this morning. No, I am not usually an early riser. I think I woke up early because I am excited to be painting something different. I started a new painting yesterday and I am using a more graphic approach, trying to paint in a different manner than the way I usually paint. I am just sitting and looking at the painting and thinking about it. I'm thinking about what to do next and what shapes I am happy with or what might need to change. Probably wouldn't excite anyone else except me. I have only worked on the sky by putting in very graphic shapes for clouds. Thinking about pleasing shapes and the positive and negative space. It is just a beginning but I kinda like it. At least at this point. Who's to say how it will evolve and take shape? Anyway, at this point no one can tell that my reference photo is of beautiful yellow golden trees against a visit blue sky. Here's what it looks like so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment