Sunday, April 24, 2011

Holiday? Day Off? Vacation From Work?

When you do what you love you seldom ever take any time off. You have no time schedule. You have no time card to punch. You work at the hours that work best for you. You basically work all the time but it doesn't feel like it. Today is a holiday, but to me everyday feels that way. When I am able to sit on my stool behind my easel, I feel like truly alive. It brings me pleasure. It gives me such joy that I don't feel like taking a day off from work. Everyday is a holiday. Everyday is a vacation from work. Painting isn't work, it's my enjoyment. When it turns into a job or becomes restrictive or doesn't satisfy those longings and passions within me, that is the day I will find another passion to explore and enjoy. No more work for me. When I am painting, everyday is a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment