Saturday, April 30, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect!

I was looking through my computer at the images I have taken of my paintings over the past 8 years. It was a little surprising to me to find I had so done so many paintings. Looking through all the old paintings was a good thing to do in that it helped show me that over the past several years, I have improved quite a bit. Though I went to art school, I had a job at a printing company. It required different skills than those needed to create a painting. I was mainly doing page layout and design on a computer. Definitely not as creative as putting your paint brush to canvas. At any rate, when I was looking over the photos in iPhoto on my MacBook I was able to see that I had done quite a lot of paintings. The end result was that the more I painted, the more my work improved. You know what they say, "Practice makes perfect." Well, I'm still practicing. Maybe one day I can look at something I painted and say, "That's perfect!"

No comments:

Post a Comment