Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My New Series of Paintings

Today I start a new painting, the second in my graphic series of landscapes. Starting a new series has given me a new zeal and I have the next painting in mind before I actually finish my current project. It is like that at times. The ideas just seem to rush at me. Then again at other times I stare at a blank canvas and seem to reach the proverbial "brick wall", no ideas even though I have lots of photos and clippings and magazines. At times like these when the inspiration won't come, it is good to get out of the studio and just take a walk in the park. Visiting a gallery helps as well. It always helps to see what other artists are doing. Of course you do not want to exactly copy what they are doing, but you can examine the technique or get an idea of a different way to express yourself. Thus far the painting I have done in this new series has not turned out exactly as I envisioned, but I am exploring and learning a different way to express myself and that is a wonderful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment