Monday, June 27, 2011

A Wide Appeal

Yesterday my promo on etsy.com netted a total of "zero" sales. So now I have to stand back and analyze this. I have gotten plenty of exposure on this one website. Lots of people have marked my items and my shop as favorites. My paintings are being included in lots of treasury lists. So what is the problem? It could be that my paintings were mainly done for a certain market. I painted lots of French landscape and cafe scenes for a shop which displayed and sold them. That market no longer exists. I need to find items to paint that will appeal to a much larger group of people. I need to paint things that people would want to put up in their living rooms. Not everyone likes or wants to purchase a lavender field painting, no matter how lovely it looks. Perhaps this items should be put in digital format and made into greeting cards? They eventually will sell, just have to find the right place to sell them. Now, to figure out what appeals to the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment