Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Regaining Focus

Taking a break, having a vacation and travel have been great for inspiration. Though my time off gave me inspiration, after being away from my easel for two weeks it is difficult regain focus and paint everyday, or most days. As soon as I returned home I did take my online shop off vacation mode. I am slowly adding more paintings to my shop. Now I have to regain my focus. I have an idea of the direction in which I want to go with my painting. Now I just have to discipline myself to stay focused and carry out my vision. There as been a lot of positive comments on one of my recent graphic paintings, the one of the lighthouse. I have decided to continue by doing a series of lighthouse paintings. Now to the planning stage, going through my photos and finding ones suitable for my lighthouse series. Prints need to be made and compositions for my paintings done before the actual painting process begins. Today, the planning stage; tomorrow, putting paint to canvas. Good to be home. Good to be regaining my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment