Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Reviewing Your Sales And Marketing Plan

The economy is slow. Sales are few and far between. What can be done to increase exposure and sales? Are my paintings priced correctly? Do I offer a wide range of items at various price points? Are my paintings appealing to the public? All of these things need to be examined from time to time. At the moment I am offering only original paintings. To make my paintings more affordable I intend to have some prints made of a few of my new paintings in various smaller sizes. I also intend to paint some ACEO's which are small art cards which sell for a low cost, but if I sell 4 to 5 a week that could bring in around $200 added revenue a month. You just have to start thinking outside the box. Consider other types of art to sell like note cards made of your paintings. Perhaps someone can afford a set of note cards whereas a large original painting may just be out of their reach. When people are concentrating on paying for essentials, extra luxury items are often just placed on a wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment