Saturday, July 9, 2011

Photographing My Paintings

Today has been a little intense. I can be a perfectionist at times. Bernie had to help me in order to figure out a way to shoot the paintings so that I would have the best photos possible. I have been trying to get some high resolution photographs done of my paintings so that I can do some prints and greeting cards. I concentrated on shooting ten of my paintings today. I then put them on the computer and cropped them. Some of my digital files I have decided to upload to a website that can make and sell prints of my work. I've decided to upload the three graphic lighthouse paintings and see what happens. When I go visit my sister, who has a nice printer, I will print a few cards or prints. I may discover that uploading my files to an online store may be a more cost effective way for me to get prints. I may also find that there is a local business that can do these prints for me. It is important to keep the cost down but still produce good quality prints. I'm going into unknown territory. Never had prints made of my work. Meanwhile, for the next several days, I will be busy photographing my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment