Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Carpe Diem - Seize The Day

It really pays to seize the day, to make the most of every day and the opportunities that come your way. Last night I was preparing dinner when we got a call to join someone for dinner in town. Rather than say "no" I am preparing dinner. I was spontaneous and decided the dinner would keep until another night. I put everything away and went into town. After dinner we walked in town. Now we normally walk every morning but I agreed to walk another time. I have looked around in the shop that moved into the same location where I had sold my paintings before. Well, last night when we walked in Bernie asked the man behind the counter, "Are you the shop owner?" And when he responded "yes" I explained about having shown my art there before. We had a very nice conversation which has resulted in him giving me his email address and asking to have me send him a few of my images. He is open to showcasing my work in some way. He often has parties and trunk shows. He doesn't appear to have much wall space in his shop. And the art I see is prints, not original paintings. Who knows how this will develop? I had recently gone into the shop and talked with a salesperson who had shown no interest or offered any information as to how to contact the owner. It was fortunate to go into the shop and talk with the owner. Moral is: Be spontaneous. Be open to opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment