Monday, July 11, 2011

Painting Idea

Yesterday I was in a local coffee shop. This local shop encourages local artists and even allows them to show their work. This month's artist had some interesting paintings. There was one painting in particular that had an off-centered composition of a flower. It was rather representational in the middle of the flower but as you moved out from the middle of the flower the pedals changed into triangular geometric shapes. It intrigued me. Perhaps I can take this idea and turn it into something that can work for me. Perhaps I can start with another type of object and have part of it representational and part of it abstracted into geometric shapes. Ummm, perhaps a tree? Perhaps clouds? Who knows? Be inspired and let your imagination go. See where it leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment