Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Artist Websites

Well, it certainly gets confusing when you look at all the different websites to display and to sell your art. I've had a shop on eBay before. Sold quite a few paintings but most of them at discounted prices. I will occasionally try to sell a painting on eBay auction, but for an online shop I am now showing my art on Etsy. Having a shop on etsy is free. I think I paid $16.95 a month for an eBay shop. Free works better for me. Adding an item to your shop costs 20¢ for a four month time period. Not bad at all. I recently joined another artist website called DeviantArt. I joined at the standard "free" level. I haven't determined if a premium membership is worth the fee. I know that you can upload art to their site and a third party prints and ships the art prints to people who purchase your art and you get a percentage of the price. I have several paintings that I think will work to reproduce and will try it and see. Nothing ventured; nothing gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment