Saturday, May 14, 2011

Networking

Today I became reminded of the necessity to network, to interact and talk and show my work to people. I would rather focus on the creative end but I still must consider selling my art. I have an online shop in etsy.com. Etsy is a website that sells handmade and vintage items and there is a large art presence there. During the time I am looking for another brick and mortar shop or gallery to display my art, I thought it smart to place those paintings online. I am getting quite a bit of exposure. I have had people marking my shop and my some of my paintings as favorites. I have also had several paintings listed in treasury lists. A treasury list on etsy is a 16 item list made by other shop owners of some of their favorite items. People can browse these treasury lists and connect to your shop and make purchases that way. So, I am happy to say that this week I have been listed in 3 different treasury lists. Sometimes, if enough people view and like the items in the list, the items are listed on the home page and viewed by anyone who happens to log on to the website at that time. So, it is definitely a good thing. I have had several shop owners add me to their circle and that also increases my exposure. So, I am happy that the online shop is growing in viewers and that my art is being seen an appreciated. As of yet, I have not seen an increase in sales, but you have to get your art out to the public as a first step. So, today I am concentrating on the networking aspect of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment