Thursday, May 19, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed, Paint Over It!

Sometimes a painting just magically evolves and is no struggle at all. Then again there are times that you struggle and struggle and never quite get what you have in your mind onto canvas. While I was painting on my lavender field painting in my graphic painting series I looked at the painting and noticed it really wasn't very graphic. I had reverted back to a more impressionist style. The painting lacked "pop". So, with brush in hand I painted over the work I had done earlier. The lavender field is now a bold solid red violet without all the individual plant shapes painted in. It is now more abstracted and graphic. Hopefully, I won't revert back to the impressionist style and can continue my exploration of this more graphic style. If not, we paint over it and start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment