Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Interruptions

It seems most days when you are trying to paint that you end up dealing with interruptions. They can be pleasant or they can be annoying. I normally get out and walk and get a little exercise most mornings. When I return from walking, I do whatever business needs to be done online (this blog for one thing) and then after lunch I paint. Yesterday was a day of interruptions. Both interruptions turned out to be pleasant. One interruption was finding out that a painting had sold at a shop over the weekend. When I found out I delayed painting to do an invoice and take down to the shop to leave for the shop owner so that I would be paid. Another interruption came when we received a call and were having visitors drop by to see us. Yes, an interruption, but pleasant. Hopefully today will be more productive. If not, then no worries. Life is full of interruptions and you just try again the next day to get the work done. Working as a freelance artist and having no commissioned work at this moment, interruptions are not a problem. There is no deadline to meet, just the deadline that you have set for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment