Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Checking On Sales Of Other Artists

I try to keep up with different artist websites and places that artists can sell their art. Yesterday I checked on eBay to view the completed auctions in the art category. Absolutely nothing was selling that was valued over $25. That was what I needed to know in order to help make a decision about having prints made and selling those. Prints often sell for $25 or less on etsy. The cost of printing is at less than half that amount. Sounds like a plan to me. I also heard that high end items were selling in art galleries. That means the rich are still purchasing art, but high end art. I'm not quite there yet. My art is priced affordable for the average art admirer, not for a high end collector. So here again, I see that prints are the logical way for me to continue. I will have prints made on art paper and cards, not giclee on canvas. That keeps everyone's cost is down. So, enough analysis. Let's get going on making prints.
Going to Oregon to visit family for a week, so the blog will be on hold during that time. While at my sister's place on the Oregon coast I will work with her to help start a shop on etsy.com for her photography. She in turn will help me see how some of the images of my paintings will look printed. She has a nice epson printer and I am anxious to see how the prints look and then will see if the prints sell any better than my paintings have lately. Should be interesting to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment