Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions! What To Paint Next?!!!

Sometimes when I am painting I have in my head the next two or three painting projects. Even though I've been looking around at galleries and attended an arts and crafts fair, I am still undecided about what to paint next. The options are limitless. Do I paint more of what I seem to paint best or do I strive to do something different? Do I think about what the art market may want or do I paint strictly to make me happy? I am considering painting something seasonal. I always enjoyed painting fall tree scenes. I also am considering painting some dramatic cloud paintings of sunsets. I also enjoy painting animals. I may take time the next several days and look through my photos and ideas in my journal and try to come up with the next painting. Meanwhile, I am still working on the wide 12 x 36 inch lavender field painting. I still have to add some light lavender in the foreground to contrast with the very dark purple. Then I will put my attention toward the distant background and adding a few farmhouses. Reworking an old project is not as exciting as doing something new. Hopefully by the weekend my mind will be settled upon what the next project should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment