Sunday, August 28, 2011

Words Of Encouragement

We all need words of encouragement from time to time. Yesterday I created a treasury list on etsy.com of items that other artists and artisans were creating and posted the list for others to view. I had one woman thank me for including her painting, then she complimented me on my shop and paintings. She could not understand why I had not sold more items than I had and also was quite frustrated at her lack of sales. I told her that I enjoyed her work and to be patient. There are a lot of people looking and admiring art but not that many people are actually buying. It's not that someone's work is less than good or that no one wants to buy it, it's the economy. Until the economy improves, there will be little or no sales. I reminded her to continue to do what she loves and not to be concerned about the sales side of it. That's a lesson we could all use.

No comments:

Post a Comment