Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mixed Media Experiment

My sister is quite a good photographer, specializing in macro photography. I love to paint, mostly in acrylics. Together we make a good team. We have been experimenting with mixed media. She prints some of her photography on matte paper which we mount on canvas board. Then we apply a gel medium that dries clear to add emphasis to certain areas and also use acrylic paints. We intend to experiment with adding gold leaf and other items to the photographs. Yesterday I added some crystal rhinestones to the art below. On some rhinestones I left the silver mirror type material on the back and on others I removed the backing. The ones in which I removed backing give a clear reflection. The other stones have a shimmer. I am happy with the result of the experiment. It was quite fun to break away from the usual painting and do something different and combine our talents.


No comments:

Post a Comment