Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Art Walks

It's that time of year again for artist groups and individual artists to participate in organized art walks and open studios. I try each year to take advantage of these events. Last week, while on the Oregon coast visiting my sister, we took a drive to a community called Toledo which was having an art walk. I always enjoy going from gallery to gallery seeing what others are doing. It is very inspiring. This little community was 9 or 10 miles inland. It was a much more affordable place in which to live. I think the artists that I enjoyed seeing the most was a couple, she did turquoise jewelry and he did photography and was playing a guitar. They were not part of the organized tour. They called themselves a renegade group and were fun to talk with. They appeared to be a remnant of the old hippie groups. Being around them reminded me of my college days in the early '70's. It was a fun day. There was quite a variety of art to see - even painted gourds. All in all, it was a fun event.

No comments:

Post a Comment