Thursday, October 6, 2011

Being Flexible

Sometimes we have plans to do a particular piece of art at a certain time and in a certain manner. It is important to not be rigid and to be flexible with your work and timetable and even subject matter and materials. I was prepared to work on some mixed media projects and discovered I did not have all the necessary materials. The art supply store did not have what I needed. There was something that I could substitute for the missing supplies, but at three times the cost. Instead of making this substitution, I decided to continue the painting project I just completed of the grid like tree by experimenting with another painting but using a completely different color palette for the tree. I am excited to see how this project will turn out. My work seems always to be evolving, always changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment