Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Fresh Perspective

Vacations are a good thing. Getting out of your studio can do wonders for your creativity and your perspective. I have numerous unsold paintings hanging on my walls and they are "nice" paintings but you sometimes wonder why someone hasn't noticed them and decided that they must possess them. Being away from the studio for over a week I see my work in a new way. I see improvements that can be done to add a wow factor to the work. I see where some paintings, though well executed, need a punch of color, or more depth of color, and even areas of unexpected color to give them a vitality that I strive to have in my work. So, as I create new work, I will also go back and revisit more old works and try to give them that WOW factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment