Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Re-Inventing Myself and My Art

Being an artist in this economy can be very challenging. We sometimes have to "re-invent" ourselves in order to make our art interesting and to appeal to a new group of potential buyers. I recently decided to start a blog of my art and my current projects and ideas.
I love to travel and I love to paint, so it seemed logical to paint scenes from my travels. I was fortunate to find a small French furniture store that has sold paintings of mine of cafe scenes and lavender fields of France. The store had three locations and I have paintings in all three. Current problem: two of the three locations are going out of business. Current challenge: to reinvent myself once again. I plan to experiment with different mediums and different techniques and take advantage of this current situation. I am enjoying the freedom of experimenting and trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment